FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
All your personal data can be changed in your user profile:
My account -> My profile
Please note that your username and your real name cannot be changed. If you made a mistake typing your real name, please contact our Customer support to have it changed.
Registration on Cardmarket is limited to the available countries. If you cannot find your country in the list, you cannot open a user account.
If you would like to buy on Cardmarket from a country that is not supported, you may do so via a buying agent (i.e. a friend that lives in Europe and can buy for you), or using a mail forwarding service like for example: Mailboxde.com or myGermany.com.
Please do not open a user account with "another" country, this usually leads to serious delivery issues.
The vacation mode is only relevant if you are a seller on Cardmarket. When your account is in vacation mode, other users cannot buy from you, thus you cannot sell anything. You may switch your vacation status at any time in your user profile.
Registered shipping is mandatory for:
- Any shipment worth more than 25€
- Any shipment worth more than 10€ from a new seller.
- Any shipment from a new seller when he has "too many" shipments currently sent but not yet arrived
- Any shipment from a seller with a loss rate > 2%.
There are two ways to pay with PayPal on Cardmarket: Either directly when checking out the Shopping Cart or in your Unpaid orders menu.
Please use one of those links to be forwarded to PayPal and pay your orders. Please note that you must use your own PayPal account. We will not accept PayPal payments from another person's account.
To use a Cardmarket coupon to pay for your orders, you have to cash it in to your user account. Please navigate to:
My account -> My profile then choose TOTAL CREDIT -> CASH-IN COUPON
Simply enter your coupon code and you're instantly receive the corresponding amount credited to your user account.
If you have paid with bank wire, please note that a SEPA bank wire takes 2-3 business days to be transfered. If you have sent the money on a friday afternoon or on a week-end day, you will very likely receive it on Wednesday of the next week. Please note, that this is the standard duration for bank wires, we have no way to accelerate this.
If you have paid more than 5 business days ago and the money still has not been credited to your account, please contact our Customer Support with all the details of the missing transfer (Account number, exact amount and transfer date).
- Your payment has to be processed manually. This will take a few hours maximum.
- Your payment has been rejected. In that case, the money has already been transferred back to your PayPal account. Please check your PayPal account.
If you would like to pay "extra money" (like for example new or more expensive shipping costs), please use the function "Refund & Extra Payment" that you will find in the options menu in the shipment.
In order to offer an extra payment you need to have enough credit on your Cardmarket account. If there is no money available, you'll have to credit your account first.
Upon offering the extra payment, the corresponding amount will be deduced from your Cardmarket account. The seller needs to accept the extra payment within 7 days in order to receive the amount on his Cardmarket account.
If you should not be able/allowed to make an extra payment, you may also buy a Cardmarket coupon and send the coupon code to the seller.
If you would like to make a refund, please use the function "Refund & Extra Payment" that you will find in the options menu in the shipment.
You need to have enough credit on your Cardmarket account (or in the trustee service if it is used for the shipment) for the refund. If there is no money available, you'll have to credit your account first. Upon offering the refund, the corresponding amount will be deduced from your Cardmarket account. The buyer needs to accept the refund within 7 days in order to receive the amount on his Cardmarket account. If the trustee service is used, the refund will be issued once the arrival of the shipment is confirmed.
- You need to have at least 5 very good Evaluations
- The card value must be at least 1 €.
- The scan must be in JPEG format and have a maximum size of 350KB.
Please note that adding a scan to an existing offer is not possible. To add a scan to an existing offer, you'd have to delete that offer and list the card again with a scan.
If you run a business in the trading card domain, you may open a professional account or upgrade your private account to professional.
To open a professional account, just use our "Register" function, choose "professional" as account type and follow the instructions.
To upgrade your account to professional, you need to contact our Customer Support, providing the following information/documentation:
- A scan of your business registration (or a similar document)
- An ID scan of the account/business owner
Based on the evaluations you receive, you will have a "seller rank", visualized by a star symbol. The "seller rank" is calculated as follows:
- Only general evaluations are taken into account
- Only the last 100 evaluations or the last month (whichever is greater) is taken into account
- The "worst" feedback is ingored for the seller star (shown as grey in the user profile)
- Outstanding seller (gold): min. 101 evaluations, min. 99% very good
- Very good seller (silver): min. 51 evaluations, min. 96% very good, min. 98% good+
- Good seller (bronze): min. 11 evaluations, min. 90% very good, min. 95% good+
- New seller (no star): less than 11 evaluations, no neutral or negative feedback.
Any seller with worse stats will be listed as bad seller (Symbol: Thumbs down). We do not recommend to buy from these sellers.
If you are selling 1-16 single cards, you should:
- Put the cards into sleeves (max. 4 cards per sleeve)
- Seal the sleeve with adhesive tape.
Use a piece of paper between tape and the sleeve opening to prevent the tape from touching the cards.
- Fix the sleeve(s) on rigid cardboard (e.g. a postcard, but not "normal" paper).
- Use another piece of cardboard to "cover" the cards from the other side.
You may of course use a toploader instead of cardboard, but only 1 card per toploader.
- Send in a normal envelop or in a bubble envelop.
A bubble envelope only helps if you are using rigid cardboard or a toploader with it. The bubbles alone do not protect the cards!
For larger orders, we recommend to use piles of cards that you wrap into paper (like a present ;-)) to form a block.
Make sure to fix and protect the block in a box or big envelope.
The CN22 customs form is used to declare the value of a shipment when sending outside the Euopean Union. It is a very simple document, presenting 4 fields that have to be filled out:
- Choice of content: Please choose Other.
- Description: Toys is appropriate here.
- Weight: The weight of the letter
- Value: The item value as stated in the Cardmarket order.
Add date and sign and that's it.