Christmas Contest: Guess 2019's Bestsellers and Win Prizes!
- Tobi Henke
Santa has been making a list, checking it twice, and figured out the most popular creature, planeswalker, enchantment, and sorcery cards of the year. Can you guess what they are? Join our contest and win a Christmas present of up to €50 in Cardmarket credit.
'Tis the most magical time of the year again. Last year, we celebrated the holiday season by reviewing Cardmarket's ten most traded cards of 2018. Field of Ruin claimed the number one spot then, and the Top 10 also featured Damping Sphere, Rat Colony, Unclaimed Territory, Wizard's Lightning, Goblin Chainwhirler, as well as a whole bunch of basic lands from Unstable.
This year—"to save you from tears," as the song goes—we'll be looking at the Top 4 in each of a bunch of different categories. You probably don't care too much to know that the five snow-covered basic lands from Modern Horizons topped 2019's charts, do you? Well, they did and they're already Christmas-themed, in a way, but they don't make for a very interesting statistic.
We won't just be looking at the Top 4 though. We are in fact looking for the Top 4, and this is where you come in. If you can correctly guess the four creature, planeswalker, enchantment, and sorcery cards that were traded the most on Cardmarket.com between January 1 and November 14, 2019, you can win a prize of up to €50 in Cardmarket credit.
- Prize for first place: €50 in Cardmarket credit
- Prize for second place: €40 in Cardmarket credit
- Prize for third and fourth place: €30 in Cardmarket credit
- Prize for fifth and sixth place: €20 in Cardmarket credit
- Prize for seventh to tenth place: €10 in Cardmarket credit
Rules and Regulations
Leave one comment below by December 15 (CET) with up to 16 card names:
- List up to four creatures, four planeswalkers, four enchantments, and four sorceries.
- You can list fewer, but that will reduce your chances to win.
- Use full English card names.
- Keep card types separate; only a type's internal ranking counts.
- For each card type, list your pick for the most traded card first, followed by your pick for the second most traded card, and so on.
On December 16, we'll take inventory of all comments and determine scores:
- Getting the most traded card of a type correct counts four points.
- Getting the second most traded card of a type correct counts three points.
- Getting the third most traded card of a type correct counts two points.
- Getting the fourth most traded card of a type correct counts one point.
- Only putting the right card in the right place counts.
- If necessary, we'll use time stamps to break ties; earlier comments beat later comments.
Some more fine print:
- Cardmarket employees and contractors are excluded.
- No purchase required. Void where prohibited.
We'll reveal the correct answers for each card type in a series of articles between December 16 and 19. Afterward, we'll award prizes to the authors of the highest scoring comments. Good luck!