On Video This Week (24/2022)

CMInsightTeam

Every week Cardmarket's YouTube channel publishes a lot of exciting Magic content that you don't want to miss—from combat in gameplay to combative debates to the latest news regarding previews and prices. Collecting everything in one place, here's your TV program for the week of June 13.

ancestral vision - teferi's protection - TV

This article has been updated throughout the week with embedded videos, additional information, and featured decklists.

Monday, 19:00

After the big shakeup of last week's Pioneer bans, we look at the new metagame following Saturday's Pioneer Challenge on Magic Online!

Tuesday, 18:00

Has artificial intelligence gone too far? Thoralf and Carl build decks using Urza's AI and actually try to play a game with them!

Brancks(14.06.2022 12:10)

In fact, I think that people are more interested on Commander than any other constructed format, because it's fun and it doesn't requires any kind of psychological stress... The old Magic and the original target of the game, playing with friends. So, it seems strange the lack of more variety of Commander content, after all, and in the long term, is the format that drives most of the card prices.

Regards!

Ddave182(18.06.2022 17:51)

@ Brancks, sorry but I completely disagree. Commander is already the most published format of high quality tabletop magic games on YouTube, and it really feels refreshing, that Cardmarket goes a different path in recording 1on1 Magic formats.

Also in my opinion Commander is the most (psychological) stressful format. Ever had 3 opponents rushing to kill your life total? That's too much politics.
In my opinion the format lacks in regulation (bannings), which makes games very tedious to play. Also Legacy/Modern/Pioneer all come with accurate Powerlevels whereas it is difficult to play Commander if not everybody is on the same page what cards maybe legal in your playgroup (Fetches, Duals, Mana Vault/Crypt).

Greetings.

Brancks(18.06.2022 19:22)

Ddave182

Hi, well, I had in mind the non-competitive Commander format, the casual play. And the great decks of past times, like the Supergrowth control and variants (extended and vintage), the t2 deck with undiscovered paradise + winter orb + birds of paradise, and a black and red deck with goblins played on standard in the onslaught time, and the decks that I created by myself before the consolidation of internet. Different points of view, no problem. The last time I played Legacy, was an absurd race to win without many sense. Equal for the t2.

Have a good day!

Ddave182(19.06.2022 13:09)

Brancks

Hi thanks for the great answer. I also enjoy a casual round of commander. But I find it sad, that does players can't appreciate a commander centered set (baldurs gate) cause everyone is eager to get his hands on old, broken, expensive cards to built the most broken decks. That's what worries me. I really think it would help commander to derive itself to new formats with different powerlevels, such as Vintage, Legacy, Modern, Pioneer Commander. This really would diversify the format and help solve those powerlevel issues.

Totally agree with you that Legacy is a "absurd" race. That's why I am currently into Pioneer :)

Have a good day, and thanks for the reply!

Brancks(13.06.2022 23:43)

After 29+ years, constructed decks look worst than ever. I Would like to see articles with more flesh and less straw.

Thank you.

Irgaron(14.06.2022 07:44)

Thank you for your feedback, very constructive.