After long internal discussions as well as continued consultation with local authorities and health departments, we have decided to cancel all remaining stops of the 2020 Cardmarket Series. This decision was not made lightly, and we have prepared an FAQ below that should hopefully answer many of your questions regarding the cancelation and the Cardmarket Series moving forward. We hope to see you all in 2021, when we return to all the locations we were not able to visit this year.
- Why did you cancel the series?
- Canceling these events was not an easy decision. We came to this conclusion after many discussions with our team, local governments, and health departments. All events will continue to carry significant health risks and several countries we were planning to visit will maintain strict regulations, making it difficult to host a large event. For these reasons, we have decided it's best to cancel these events for the time being and prepare for 2021.
- I already purchased a ticket. Will I get a refund?
- Yes, everyone will be refunded by Tuesday June 2at the latest (slight delays are possible due to holidays).
- I received a refund, but I cannot withdraw the money. What should I do?
- If you are unable to withdraw the money that you have been refunded, please open a support ticket, and make sure you mention that it is about a refund of a Cardmarket Series ticket. A support officer will assist you in resolving this issue.
- I won a Store Challenge. How can I collect my prizes now that the event is cancelled?
- Everyone who won a challenge will still be eligible to collect their prizes at an event in 2021. The prizes can be collected at the same event next year. Example, if you won a Store Challenge for Cardmarket Series Cologne, you have the option to come collect it during the Cardmarket Series 2021 in Cologne!
- What is happening with the Cardmarket Series in the future?
- We will continue to monitor developments in Europe to see when it will be possible to start hosting events again. We are in contact with health departments on a weekly basis to check for updates and estimations and are planning to be back with a full season of Cardmarket Series events in 2021, once the situation has improved sufficiently.
- What will happen to the Leaderboard?
- We will include the event that took place in 2020 with the next season. This means that our next season, in 2021, will consist of all events in 2021, as well as CM Series Paris in 2020.
- Players who are receiving rewards from the leaderboard will be able to collect their prizes throughout the next season as well (other rules and conditions still apply).
If you have any further questions, please contact our Customer Support and include Cardmarket Series in the text.
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to returning stronger than ever next year!
Your Cardmarket Team